St. Louis College of Pharmacy is seeking an individual to serve as Assistant Director/Public information Specialist who will manage internal client and external media relationships to support the College’s overall communication strategy. This position will provide general marketing support developing communication strategies, key messages, and content for integrated marketing collateral, leading projects in a project management role, and coordinating with cross-functional team. Serve as a team member for multiple clients, the public information specialist will create content for multiple channels (print, web, social) and applications, conducting interviews and research as needed.
In a functional capacity, the public information specialist will assist with the development of news, media relations, and thought leadership programs to enhance the public profile and reputation of the College.
You'll have the opportunity to:
- Lead multiple projects, serving in a project management role for print publications, web, and interactive media projects, coordinating with cross-functional team of content developers and designers, as well as internal and external creative partners.
- Manage timelines, production schedules, and the flow of content and design proofs to ensure timely production and delivery of projects.
- Participate in the maintenance of the department’s project management system, shared electronic files, and sample library to maintain department records.
- Provide general marketing and communications strategy, planning, and support to assigned clients.
- Serve as a team member for multiple clients, conducting interviews and research as needed, and developing content for multiple channels and applications and executing distribution strategies.
- Provide editorial review of marketing copy for the College and its departments.
- Develop positive relationships with key internal stakeholders and thought leaders.
- Develop positive relationships with media contacts, identifying thought leadership opportunities that support the mission of the College.
- Develop publicity materials including press releases, media advisories, talking points, key messages, and speeches for campus administrators.
- Serve as point of contact for media inquiries, coordinate press materials and conferences as needed.
- Serve on Emergency management planning team and Emergency management operations group.
- Assist the director of marketing and communications and the vice president for marketing and enrollment.