The marketing and communications manager is responsible for the overall direction of marketing and communications for the Association. This position is familiar with the graphics communications industry and uses knowledge and necessary research to develop content for all printed and electronic media, educational offerings, and marketing materials, which includes developing a strategic plan for each area. This position has latitude in its creativeness and is expected to bring forth new ideas and perspectives to deliver and increase value to members. This is the perfect position for someone looking to move up from an entry level position; expand their skills in the areas of content development, design, education, and marketing; or for someone that enjoys wearing multiple hats in a small office. This position reports directly to the President/CEO.
- Develops e-communications as part of an ongoing campaign to provide awareness on topical and time-sensitive issues related to the industry and Association.
- Produces regular, printed publication(s) to provide relevant, in-depth information.
- Creates and utilizes website to enhance visibility of the Association and its programs, services, and events to increase engagement and repeat visits.
- Promotes the Association and the industry through public relations efforts such as press releases, networking at local and statewide events, and other media avenues.
- Utilizes social media to enhance visibility, perception, and awareness of the Association.
- Directs and delivers the overall planning, development, and implementation of Association and insurance marketing efforts including print and multimedia.
- Assists in conducting and analyzing data from member surveys, behavioral metrics, and other evaluation and assessment activities.
- Designs marketing materials, signs, publications, social media, and e-communications that include annual booklet, presentation materials, banners and signage, flyers, brochures, programs, publicity kits, and award certificates.
- Evaluates and implements necessary changes to the Association’s brand through competency-based education, style consistency, high standards for customer service, and creative design.
- Provides design and layout functions for all printed and electronic media.
Education & Miscellaneous
- Collaborates with director of association development in the planning and execution of all education, events, and programs.
- Assists with general office support including answering phone, emails, and providing backup to other staff functions.
- Produces annual design and printing competition and subsequent awards program.
- Willingly performs other duties as assigned.