Essentials skills and experience:
- Master's Degree in Divinity (or significant ministry experience) from an accredited college, university or seminary; Three years of ministry experience, or relevant similar experience.
- Three years of experience doing outreach work with the homeless, or relevant similar experience.
- Valid driver's license, evidence of insurability, able and willing to drive the Outreach Bus.
- Physically able to walk and/or stand on the street, in all seasons, for as long as six consecutive hours.
- Street smarts; able to work comfortably in all Chicago neighborhoods.
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal and pastoral skills.
Nonessential skills and experience:
- Either currently have or be willing to obtain CDL Class B driving license within six months of employment.
- Spanish language helpful
- Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) hours; with a minimum of one unit.
Reporting to this position: no direct reports
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; climb stairs; crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 20 pounds and drive an automobile and the outreach bus. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but may vary at the different locations required in this job. The employee will be exposed to all varieties of Chicago weather, and will be expected to work mainly evening hours.
Compensation: position offers hourly salary and is not eligible for benefits.
General sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all organization policies and regulations specified by the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS), the State of Illinois, and The Night Ministry.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.