Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is celebrating its 35th anniversary by creating a future of NO MORE VICTIMSTM. MADD is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these crimes and prevent underage drinking. MADD supports drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge, serving one person every ten minutes through local MADD victim advocates and at 1-877-MADD-HELP. MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving® will end drunk driving through increased law enforcement, all offender ignition interlock laws and advanced vehicle technology. PowerTalk 21® is the national day for parents to talk with their teens about alcohol, using Power of Parents® proven approach to reduce underage drinking. Learn more by visiting MADD’s new website at madd.org or calling 1-877-ASK-MADD.
The Madd North Texas Affiliate office is currently seeking candidates for the full time position of Development Officer 108-16.
Date Required: ASAP 30% Travel. $50,000 Annually.
The Development Officer is responsible, at the local level, for the development, oversight, execution and monitoring of a diversified comprehensive fund development and public awareness plan, aligned with MADD’s strategic plan. Ensures effective and aggressive growth in fund development through core strategies which are committed to fulfilling MADD’s mission, including but not limited to: corporate and foundation solicitation, individual giving, 3rd party events, honor/memorial giving and fund raising programs.
Foster a culture of philanthropy within MADD. Be a leader for other staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy within the organization.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Plan and produce core fundraisers aligned with MADD’s strategic plan, including marketing, managing and executing logistics for all fundraising activities.
2. Research, develop and cultivate a dynamic prospect list including revenue projections and secured sponsorships.
3. Proactively and consistently communicate to the National Office on the progress of core fundraisers.
4. Develop, implement and manage fundraising strategies according to the annual development plan and strategy budgets, goals and objectives.
5. Implement activities to integrate MADD programs/services with participants of MADD’s core fundraisers.
6. Actively network through community organizations as appropriate to support fund development.
7. Manage contract and agreement procedures to ensure successful fundraising implementation.
8. Responsible for fulfillment of all local and national sponsorship benefits, according to the sponsorship agreement.
9. Develop and implement a fundraising volunteer recruitment plan to assure adequate volunteer resources for all fundraising activities.
10. Research public and private foundations to identify unrestricted sources of revenue.
11. Other duties as required.