Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations and Communications, this grant-funded position creates multi-channel messaging that supports the planned giving and annual fund programs at Berea College. A member of the Donor Relations and Communications team, s/he provides creative services and content support as needed, including appeals, advertisements, donor reports, acknowledgements, case statements, and foundation proposals as required. Collaborates with Marketing and Communications staff to develop creative content and marketing concepts within strategic, thematic, and branding frameworks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Regular and predictable attendance is essential. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Provide creative and informational content in support of development communication strategies, as needed and as outlined below.
- Create informative and persuasive content that supports the strategic objectives of both annual fund and planned giving. Conceptualize, research, produce, and repurpose as appropriate promotional material for Gift Planning and Berea Fund: print brochures, other direct mail appeals, newsletters, social media posts, advertisements, email newsletters and web content.
- Develop and maintain familiarity with and fluency in communicating about the College’s goals and priorities.
- Write compelling stewardship reports and gift stories, as well as Foundation and Corporations reports, proposals, and letters.
- Write and produce funding proposals for individuals, corporations, foundations, and other organizations, as well as capital campaign-related promotional materials.
- Develop and produce outreach materials, presentation, collateral, and documentation for use in solicitation, cultivation, outreach, and stewardship activities.
- Work independently and resourcefully to interview donors and secure detailed information from faculty and key administrators.
- Develop or adapt stories and testimonial pieces for appeals, advertisements, stewardship reports and other purposes.
- Work with Print Services for material production and distribution.
- Coordinate with other content developers and department managers to ensure seamless integration of content across channels within strategic, thematic, and branding frameworks.
- Participate in strategic communication, thematic, and branding development meetings.
- Share research, raw material, and developed content with colleagues in Marketing and Communications and Development for possible repurposing.
- Archive work product within Marketing and Communications and Development archives, in addition, ensure donor, student, and alumni stories are archived in the College’s Advancement database on individuals’ records.
Other roles/duties will be assigned as necessary to assist the College in the attainment of the goals set forth and the enhancement of a positive, respectful learning environment for all staff, faculty and students.