OVERVIEW OF POSITION:
The Executive Director of Development works closely with the Head of School and Board of Trustees to plan, oversee, and manage Holy Trinity’s emerging development program. The Executive Director of Development must be able to think strategically and practically to implement a comprehensive and results-oriented development plan that will include traditional and innovative strategies. Key components of this plan should include goals, strategies, and timetables for the Annual Fund; major gifts; alumni giving; planned giving; and matching gifts, and should include a complementary focus on prospecting and tactics to build key relationships with alumni, families, community, corporate, grantors, and foundation leaders. This position reports to the Head of School, serves on the school’s administrative team, works directly with the Board of Trustees, and sits on Development Committee of the Board of Trustees.
Holy Trinity is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, and energetic development professional to build a development program at a well-established, independent PK-8 school.
The Executive Director of Development will have an exciting opportunity to build a strategic and effective development program at the school. This position offers a competitive salary (based on the qualifications of the candidate) and has a flexible schedule, remote-working opportunities, and a multitude of benefits (including tuition discount for children), which contribute to a healthy work-life balance.
Success of the Executive Director of Development will be measured based on realistic and appropriate metrics including, but not limited to, activity, dollars raised, donor retention rate, and prospect conversion rate.
ABOUT HOLY TRINITY:
Holy Trinity: An Episcopal School is a ministry of Holy Trinity Episcopal Church in Bowie, MD. Founded in 1963, Holy Trinity School serves more than 500 students in preschool through grade eight on its two campuses. Holy Trinity seeks to instill in its students the Episcopal values of academic excellence, spiritual and moral formation, and inclusiveness by applying new thinking and best practices in education.
For more information about the school, visit our website at www.htrinity.org.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To devise and manage a program designed to attract the maximum gift support possible to the institution. This program will include annual fund solicitation, individual/major giving programs; planned giving programs, telemarketing/direct mail activities, event coordination and execution corporate and foundation proposals, stewardship and planning for major capital gifts, and comprehensive campaigns to solicit and secure gifts to the school.
- To develop and coordinate all aspects of all campaigns including major giving, annual giving, capital campaigns, programmatic campaigns, and comprehensive campaigns.
- To keep the Head of School and Development Committee informed on a weekly basis of the fundraising activities of this office. To run and present appropriate reports on activities, dollars raised, and other pertinent data. To manage all database input and output.
- To develop a plan to increase alumni and parental support of, and involvement in, the institution. To design a plan to engage new prospects and donors. To be a visible community ambassador for the school.
- To create a coordinated publications and printing program, which will most effectively communicate with our various constituencies (including a school magazine).
- To establish a complete program of research and an action plan of solicitation of the school's key prospects.
- To serve as staff support for the Development Committee of the Board of Trustees and coordinate activities with the Holy Trinity School Association (HTSA).
- To oversee processing of all gift income for the purpose of providing receipts and the maintaining of giving records of donors to the school.
- To work directly with the Board to encourage giving and solicit prospects/donors.
- To develop and lead a professional and volunteer staff to carry out the activities of this office.
- To develop, update, and continuously execute a strategic development plan for the school.
- To support the school and its leadership.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Head of School.
- Five years of full-time, progressively responsible fundraising experience, including major gift ($25,000 and above) fundraising experience with a proven track record of success.
- Demonstrated success and evidence of ability to plan and execute a successful fund drive.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Sound communication skills, including the ability to write and speak persuasively about the institution.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and to travel and possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to fully integrate into the Holy Trinity culture.
- Ideal personality traits include: team oriented, high-energy, reliable judgment, collaborative, solid interpersonal skills, and a genuine belief in the mission of Holy Trinity.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation preferred.
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to Ms. Elisabeth Albaugh, Executive Assistant to Mr. Michael Mullin, Head of School at: email@example.com