Regionally accredited bachelor’s degree in public affairs/communications or marketing required.
- The equivalent of 3 to 5 years of work experience in a higher education setting.
- 2-4 years of related or direct work experience in alumni relations as well as in planning and implementing special events targeting alumni.
- Successful experience managing multiple projects, events and volunteers.
- Excellent skills in written and oral communication. Able to write, edit and proofread materials with high quality outcomes.
- Knowledge of methods, practices, and procedures associated with membership development, special events and general office management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other specialized software (as used).
- Knowledge and use of social media platforms to engage alumni including but not limited to LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Demonstrated ethical conduct regarding sensitive data; aware of regulatory requirements regarding personal data.
- Flexible, energetic, cooperative team player capable of working in a fast-paced and high volume department.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to compile/maintain data and prepared specialized reports.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with alumni, peers, students, faculty and administrators.
- Work effectively with diverse constituencies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Long-term sitting at a computer workstation. Frequent standing and walking; occasional standing for multiple hours at events. Finger movement, feeling sufficient to work computers and equipment; speaking clearly, hearing conversationally, and seeing far and near. Able to lift and carry exhibit materials and printed matter of up to 35 pounds unassisted. Long hours and weekend work may be required to meet important deadlines. Travel off campus involved.
- Manage programs, events and activities based on regions, class years and specifically target young alumni to create a level of engagement with the school for future growth.
- Assist with recruitment of volunteers in planning and organizing non-fundraising activities such as class reunions and other class activities.
- Work with members of various members of the CDU Alumni Association (CDUAA) representing the University’s various schools and colleges to coordinate and manage events and activities in an effort to create sustainable programming.
- Manage the CDUAA Membership Drive.
- Manage and regularly update the alumni database. Ensure all information from the graduation clearance form, CDUAA Membership sign up form, event registration sign-in etc. is entered into Raisers Edge (RE). Provide periodic updates.
- Provide support for meetings of the Alumni Association and related committees as well as maintain and organize records and monitor actions.
- Lead the planning and coordination of alumni events
- Responsible for attending to individual alumni requests.
- Coordinate email campaigns to create effective communications to alumni promoting events and activities to increase overall alumni participation such as the Alumni Mentorship Program; conduct analysis of programs, communications and data to determine new methods to engage alumni.
- Manage volunteer engagement to track alumni participation with various departments throughout the University.
- Manage content for online alumni community and social media sites to create dialog with alumni, as well as manage departmental events.
- Train and supervise support staff and student assistants/work study students in the alumni office for general operations and telemarketing.
- Assist with fundraising through events, telemarketing, direct mail campaigns and personal contact.
- Develop alumni communication pieces for alumni, friends and supporters of CDU, gather articles for the Alumni Newsletter and Alumni webpage
- Update and maintain the Alumni Webpage and develop content for social media sites including but not limited to Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Provide updates on relevant events, issues or concerns in relation to the alumni activities to the Vice President of Strategic Advancement and Director of Development and University Affairs, and provide recommendations where applicable.
- In concert with the Office of Institutional Effectiveness distributes an annual survey to alumni and evaluates responses related to employment, CDU experience, service in underserved communities, student engagement and to increase alumni participation in other CDU events and activities.
- Maintain current database of alumni contact information in Raisers Edge.
- Assist with alumni chapters, clubs, affinity groups, and organizations as they develop.
- Maintain written, email and phone contact with alumni and input communication information on RE.
- Write copy for mailings and brochures for alumni programs, university advancement and special events.
- In cooperation with the Office of Admissions, coordinate alumni involvement in student recruitment. Maintain consistent communication with the CDU Student Government (CDUSG) leadership.
- Manage budgeted expenses.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Travel and work a flexible schedule to cover evening and weekend commitments.
The ability to perform highly detailed work with sustained attention and care while providing/obtaining information on numerous inquiries is paramount to success in this position.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Able to perform highly detailed work with sustained attention and care while providing/obtaining information on numerous inquiries is paramount to success in this position. Frequently work on a variety of unrelated tasks. Use of sustained concentration, reasoning, judgment, resourcefulness, analytical ability and ingenuity.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is that of a typical office environment. Work will sometimes be conducted off campus in other meeting rooms, social environments or public events.
Ability to work effectively with a diverse community.