• Create, implement and measure the success of a comprehensive marketing program that will enhance the School’s image and positively position the School within the marketplace and the general public.
• Organize and oversee the timely production of all admissions and marketing activities and materials, including but not limited to: Website and Admissions Viewbook.
• Ensure consistency of all School print and electronic materials such as letterhead, use of logo, brochures, etc.
• Recommit to the position of the Parker window as metaphor concept, “As Far As the Mind Can See” motto as a conceptual message and the mascot as a visual representation that drive future marketing campaigns and tether annual marketing campaigns around them.
• Regularly conduct relevant market research, monitoring trends and emerging strategies within the independent school community.
• Ensure that at least one of Parker’s core values is captured in all key messaging: academic excellence; character; global citizenship; diversity and inclusion; and community.
• Reposition the Parker website as a marketing platform for prospective families and utilize fully the parent portal as the internal communication site for current families.
• Curate compelling stories for Parker collateral materials, website, magazine and public speaking opportunities about Parker’s people and programs, and the essential relationships between students and teachers that convey Parker’s mission, core values and reflect the strengths of a Parker education.
• Attendance at key School events on both campuses throughout the year.
• Market School through all forms of social media.
• Capture the spirit of Parker in photo, film, and story.
• Develop short- and long-term marketing goals, objectives and budgets, and monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
• Maintain a climate that attracts, retains and motivates top quality personnel, both paid and volunteer.
• Collaborate on a daily basis with the Director of Communications to ensure consistency in messaging.
• Serve as an ambassador for the School and its mission.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
In addition to the duties listed above, Francis Parker School expects the following of each employee: adheres to Francis Parker policies and procedures; works in a safe manner; performs duties as workload necessitates; maintains a positive and respectful attitude; communicates regularly with supervisor about department issues; demonstrates efficient time management and prioritizes workload; demonstrates regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; meets department productivity standards; participates in Parker events as needed or required; and completes other duties as assigned.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing with demonstrated success, preferably in the independent schools or the not-for-profit sector.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing preferred. Graduate degree in a related field is desirable.
• Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising ?and appraising personnel.
• Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and overseeing the design and production of print materials and publications.
• Computer literacy in word processing, data base management, website design, page layout, and social media.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects at a time, get along with coworkers, management and volunteers, and deal effectively, ethically and professionally at all times.
• Present a professional image as a representative of the School.
• Assure proper maintenance, cleanliness and security of work area.
• Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
Salary and Benefits:
Francis Parker School is committed to attracting and retaining the highest quality faculty and staff through a substantial compensation plan, including competitive salary, TIAA-CREF retirement benefits and full medical/dental coverage. Individual salary is negotiable depending on years of experience and educational background.
Francis Parker School values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty, and staff from different backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to unlawful considerations of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
A cover letter, resume and salary requirements/history should be submitted electronically to:
Jacquie Wilson, Director of Enrollment
Please indicate the position you are applying for in the subject line