Reporting to the Director of Student Affairs and working as part of the Student Assistance Coordinating Committee, the Case Manager maintains high student contact and a caseload to address the needs of students who have problems in areas such as physical or mental health, finances, conduct, and social adjustment that may affect their academic performance or other aspects of their Peabody experience, using a variety of interventions, referrals and follow-up services. Responsibilities will include student contact via regular meetings, triage, case management, and collaboration and consultation with colleagues and faculty within the Division of Student Affairs, Academic Affairs, and Conservatory Administration. While strong, supportive relationships may develop with students, the Case Manager does not engage in individual therapeutic relationships.
Please attach a cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this opportunity, as well as a resume.
- Meet 1:1 with students initially and regularly to develop individual student success plans based on their unique circumstances and track their progress towards their personal and academic goals.
- Collect, evaluate and record all facts pertaining to student cases that come in through online management and referrals.
- Formulate intervention plans in order to enhance the academic success of students.
- Connect and follow up with incoming students in order to ensure students have fulfilled all tasks and responsibilities prior to their arrival to Peabody.
- Contact and collaborate with other Conservatory and University departments to expedite resolution of problems.
- Provide referrals to support services within the University as well as community agencies.
- Coordinate and implement mentoring programs for students in need of additional support.
- Follow up and track prior cases to ensure student compliance with recommendations and adequate staff support for the student.
- Coordinate and implement ongoing disability accommodations and services for students.
Systems Management and Reporting
- Coordinate, trouble shoot and update the student tracking online portal.
- Maintain and monitor factual case records in a variety of electronic student record systems.
- Interpret University policy regarding students and make recommendations when policy changes are needed, based on trends in data.
- Prepare ad hoc reports, data requests and annual report for internal stakeholders.
Outreach, Training and Education
- Assist in training and consulting with faculty, staff, students, parents, and external stakeholders on reporting students of concern.
- Develop and distribute of appropriate marketing materials.
- Participate fully in the programming sponsored by the Office of Student Affairs, including but not limited to Orientation, Family Weekend, Graduation Week, and Commencement.
- Assist with larger special event functions from the Office of Student Affairs
- Other relevant duties as assigned